Rules of Engagement.
- Respect the dignity of every person. Be polite. Please act as if you are in the same room with me or other commentators. Rudeness will not be tolerated. This is a Christian blog.
- Please stay on topic. If you want to discuss something else, please email me.
- Argue using reason. Back up your arguments with citations (especially primary sources) .
- Ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated; they will be deleted. Ad hominem means against the person and not against the ideas that the person presents.
- Do not bring up the scandals in the Church unless they are related to the post especially if they are used to attack the Church’s teaching.
- The use of “four letter words” is forbidden.
- Be concise. Long posts are counterproductive. Do not paste long passages from books, articles, websites etc. You may, however, provide links.
- Emails may become part of a blog post unless you specify otherwise.
- Provide a name even if it is a pseudonym and stick to it in all of your comments.