From the Home Page:
Welcome to Marriage: Unique for a Reason!
What is marriage? Are a man and a woman really essential to marriage? What about the child … and the role of mothers and fathers? Is it discriminatory to defend marriage as the union of one man and one woman? What impact does the redefinition of marriage have on religious liberty?
These are just a few of the many questions about marriage today. They all hinge upon the first question: What is marriage? When the answer to this question is understood, everything else falls into its proper place.
Marriage is unique for a reason. We invite you now to find out why:
- Explore the four themes (and one in Spanish) at the top of this page
- Brush up on the basics of marriage
- Dive in deep to the Church’s teaching
- Join the conversation about marriage, children, society, and more!
- Ask us your burning questions about marriage
- Order resources for your parish, class, or home (search for “Made for Each Other” or “Made for Life” as as Title, not a Keyword)
ABOUT THE ART
Saints Joachim and Anne are the father and mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Mary is the fruit of their marriage. By a singular grace of God in view of the merits of Jesus, she was preserved from all stain of Original Sin from the moment of her conception. Thus it is in the context of married life and conjugal love that Mary is prepared to receive the Divine Logos, the Word made flesh, Jesus Christ our Lord. Jesus is the Logos, the “Reason” at the heart of all reason and truth, including the truth of marriage. The marriage between Joachim and Anne is a significant witness to why marriage is “unique for a reason.”
Do check it out! I have a permanent banner for the site on the tool bar to the left.