Calling all Prayer Warriors

This poor woman really needs our heart felt compassion and prayers (H/T Erin  Manning):

I’m getting an abortion next Friday and I haven’t told anyone about my decision, mainly because all of my friends are gossipy and close-knit, and word would get around quickly. My family is extremely conservative, and would probably disown me if they knew I was even having sex. The guy is my on/off long-distance boyfriend who broke up with me last time I had a pregnancy scare because he couldn’t “go back to normal after that drama” and it took weeks for him to calm down. If he knew I was actually pregnant and getting an abortion, he’d flip out and leave again, and I can’t handle that right now.

Also, I’m 20 and in college studying to be an engineer. We do use protection, but the condoms must have failed.

I’m 17 weeks into the pregnancy, and the doctor says it’ll have to be a 2-day procedure. The clinic is 20 min away (an hour by bus, which is how I’m getting there) and because I don’t have anyone coming with me, I won’t be asleep/sedated during the procedure. They’ll just be using a local anesthetic.

I’m really scared of the procedure, and how much it’ll hurt, and feeling really alone right now and after the procedure. I just wish I could talk to someone about it, and have someone there with me, but that’s not an option.

I guess the point of this post is looking for support and people to talk to, and if anyone has had an abortion. Please don’t tell me not to do it – I can’t raise a child, nor bring it to term. I’ve been sick most of the pregnancy, and it keeps getting worse.”

We live in a very fallen and broken world. This poor woman needs God’s loving mercy and grace. Let us pray to our Mother in Heaven, that she will be open to the Holy Spirit and spare her pre born child from death. She has been taken in by a culture that does not consider a child in the womb a person worthy of life. She has been taken in by a boyfriend who uses her and refuses to man up. Yet she claims that he is a good guy because she loves him.

Yep. The so called sexual revolution has been so liberating for women. Not.

About Susan Kehoe

I am the wife of a Catholic deacon living in Des Moines Iowa. My husband Larry was ordained in 2006. We have two children and five grandchildren.. Our daughter and her family live in Ireland, and our son and his family live in Franklin Massachusetts.
This entry was posted in Abortion, Culture of Death and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Calling all Prayer Warriors

1. Yes, I really find this idea successful. Thank you very much.

2. LeAnn says:

I will pray for her and the baby. I will pray that she has someone to comfort her regardless of her decision, someone who can show her love. I’m saddened that the surgery center is also without compassion that they do not provide better care, no sedation. How can this be called freedom of choice? She is obviously feeling no choice in the matter and no joy at the prospect.

3. Susan Swehla says:

I am praying today for this woman and child. I have a certain sense of panic when I read about someone who is contemplating abortion more than I ever have before. With my grandson being born at 22 weeks gestation on July 14th of this year, I have seen these precious children as being made in the image and likeness of God. Noah (my grandson) has rallied to be an eight pound baby boy who brings all of us so much joy. I remember him being in the NICU and seeing how vulnerable he was. He was and is such a fighter; then I think of these children awaiting their death sentence by a mother who felt she had no alternative. May God have mercy! St. Michael, pray for us; St. Gerald, pray for us; St. Gianna Molla, pray for us; St. Rita, pray for us; St. Jude, pray for us; Guardian Angel of the baby, pray for us; Guardian Angel of the mother, pray for us; Blessed Mother, pray for us; JMJ, pray for us. Amen

4. Susan Kehoe says:

Thank you for your prayers, and praise God for Noah.

5. Mary South says:

Praying!!!!

6. LeAnn says:

I’ve been following this situation on reddit. I posted to her each day. It appears that even after many offers of financial and emotional support through the pregnancy and even peopl offering to adopt the baby, this young woman responded to the abortion rights movement and accepted offers of a ride and someone to be there with her as she allows a doctor to kill the baby. She desparately needs our prayers as today is the day she is going to have the abortion.

7. Sophia Origer says:

Heart is just so sad about this. I will continue to pray.